Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Wise Woman Once Said...

"Don't become so busy "doing" the works of God that you fail to spend time just "being" with Him. For when you spend too much time "doing" and not enough time "being," ego has no where to go except to rise to the top."

I've meditated on those words ever since I heard them on Thursday.

Here are a couple more thoughts on ego...
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody

"For those who would learn God's way, humility is the first thing, humility is the second, humility is the third." Saint Augustine of Hippo (I know, I thought the name was funny too)

Reverence for the Lord is an education in itself. You must be humble before you can ever receive honors. Proverbs 15:33 GNT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of all the quotes, I like the one under your name the best :)

Cheers.