Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random 2 a.m. thoughts

Blogging seems to be down all around ... especially on mine. But, it's 2 a.m. and I'm in the mood (or maybe I'm just avoiding reviewing the financials for the board meeting tomorrow). Did you ever feel like you were on the edge of something and the very next step was going to take you into unchartered waters? That's where I am. I've got 15 lives depending, in part, on me to prepare them in a big way for their next step in ministry. I've got thoughts, plans and dreams ... yet nervous that I won't live up to the expectations, not their expectations but my own. The juggling act of Cadre, Sunday School Teacher, Middle School Director, Children's Ministry Oversight, Financial Analyst, Youth Leader's Coach and 3rd Ministry Enrichment Director leaves me wondering if success will be possible or elusive.

I'm well aware I will have to be more focused and intentional than my life has ever required. I think I'm up for it ... I hope my three Master's Commission Assistants are too. I'm on day 24 of a 40 day JuDaniel fast (Judy's pathetic version of Daniel's fast) in preparation for it. I've told some of the MC students that I've declared that this year will be the greatest year of my life. Hopefully by day 40 (or 365), I will have figured out why those words even came out of my mouth.

No comments: