Thursday, August 07, 2008

Facebook, Texts, Calls and Visits

Today I was reminded about the power of the touch, if even for a moment. It was my birthday and, while I'm not a big fan of calling attention to myself, if you're on Facebook it does it for you ... the ripple effect that transpires from it is incredible and contagious.

I've appreciated the gazillion Happy Birthday's I've received on Facebook. While some were expected, I've gotten some from others that's surprised me. I am so grateful. They meant A LOT ... A LOT, A LOT.

The texting has been awesome too. They started long before my head came off the pillow this morning.

The phone calls were extra special as well.

This morning I spent with my sister, niece and mom hanging out at Einstein's Bagels in Indy, then jumped a plane to Atlanta in time for Oxygen. I love my family!

I walked into my office and was greeted by wall-to-wall balloons, streamers and a Happy Birthday banner ... along with a ginormous basket of all the junk food I like and a boatload of Diet Mountain Dew to wash it down with .... I don't need any of the junk food, but yummmm. I will definitely be sharing. Between the junk food and Karen's chicken I had at the party on Monday, I will have to be doing a lot of walking in the coming days.

My 02 kids sang Happy Birthday twice ... first the old fashion way (which was way out of tune), then a new cool modern day version (where they had the harmony going).

It's been a great day and a great way to start off 44 ... even if I don't feel any different than the day I turned 34.

No comments: