Saturday, July 12, 2008

Praying for Favor

The last couple days have been a whirlwind...

Thursday we were on a conference call with Cadre Epic and Richard Crisco. He is easily in the top five most Godly people I have ever met. He oozes Jesus like no other person I've ever known.

Thursday night we had a board meeting ... where I am the "voice" for the Tabernacle's financials. Vicky and Sobrina do all the work, I just am the financial interpreter. It's definitely one of the places where I feel the favor of God. One of my 02 kids who has a dad on the board said to me the other day, "my dad says you're really smart." I told him that I wasn't, but just work hard so it looks like I am. I remember Jeanne saying one day that she prays for favor with people ... she must pray for her staff to have that same favor as well. I feel it.

Jordan and I were writing emails back and forth at 4 a.m. He was working on NYLC and the MC retreat and I was working on Cadre and this month's Youth Leader's Coach. It's funny, most wouldn't classify either of us as morning people ... but really, we're just REALLY early morning people. It sounds more noble than night owls, doesn't it?

Today we were on the line with Cadre Litmus and Prestige where Jeanne was talking about conflict resolution. Her wisdom was billiant. I loved a couple of lines in particular ... like "Don't drop a bomb when a sling shot will work" and "We tend to rule overselves with our heart and other people with our head. We really need to reverse it and rule other people with our heart and ourselves with our head."

In between the calls, we held a NYLC meeting and celebrated Jeanne's birthday. Can't say we don't pack our day.

Tonight Cherry, Alisha, Tolu and I painted my new office a cool shade of green and gray ... ok, the grey look more like white than grey, but oh well. I think painting on all those mission trips burnt me out on the whole thing. I will be glad when it's done.

Tomorrow our 02 group is going to the river...should be fun...then more painting and moving stuff into place.

Sunday morning Cherry and I are hitting up either Northpoint or Jentzen Franklin's church. Hopefully afterwards I will be able to knock out this month's Source and YLC. They are AMAZING as usual ... The Three Chairs and Seven Daily Success Rituals.

Monday we are off to the mountains for our week long staff retreat. REALLY looking forward to it ... could use a change of scenery. Somehow before we leave at 9 a.m., I have to get a power of attorney signed, nortorized and sent off so we can seal the deal and close on my dad's house. Should be interesting since I absolutely detest mornings.

No comments: