Sunday, June 17, 2007

Who is yours?

So, my new boss (that sounds weird) and I have been conversing back and forth via email and phone. On her last email, she signed it "Your #1 Cheerleader". It meant a lot to me and I've have been thinking about it. I've come to the conclusion that everyone needs to have a #1 cheerleader in their life. In particular, one who is a few steps ahead of you on your faith journey and/or profession of choice, etc. Think about it. Who has got your back and is in your corner like no other? Outside of your parents/spouse, who is your #1 cheerleader? Better yet, outside of their parents/spouse, who are you the #1 cheerleader for?

My next question is how many people can you authentically do that for? In small ways, I tried to be that for three friends today. I think people would say Jesus did it for twelve and we're not Jesus. However, if you look at Jesus' life, I think He did it for a whole lot more than just the disciples - Martha, Mary, woman at the well, Zacchaeus, Nicodemus, etc.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

You are my number one cheerleader Judy.
-Bridget

aaron dewinter said...

Oh My GOSH! What news! I just heard. Congrats are in order. I hope it is everything you want and deserve. What a loss for our community, but Atlanta's gain! Best wishes and I hope everything goes smooth in your moving.

Lindsay Mak said...

judy,

i found out recently about the job switch...just wanted to say congrats and i'll miss you.

you are really one of my favorite people in the whole world. i don't know where i'd be today if it wasn't for you and gcc. thank you for all you've done for me and my family.

i love you!!!

-linds

Anonymous said...

Congrats Judy!! All of Oasis will miss you a lot. We all know that Atlanta will extend their arms to you thoug. THat was an awesome speech on Wednesday to all of the Oasis community. Thank you for everything that you have done for Oasis and GCC!!

Love,
Your friendly Oasis Student

Andy said...

What? Wow?

Judy - Congratulations on your transition to Atlanta and your new role!

Prayin Hard 4 U

Andy & Mandy Hosier

Leah B said...

May you go forth with blessings and favor. Thanks for giving so much to this community. I know you'll do the same for this new direction in God's kingdom.

Love,
Leah and Jeff Banicki