Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bloggin' for Jesus

She's only 10 and she get's it. On her blogspot, my young friend Kira has the ABC's to becoming a Christian (undoubtably something she's learned in Mrs. Sheila's class), talks about how cool church is and expresses her concern for her friend who needs Jesus. She also responds to the "Walk with me questions" in Hebrews. In her own little way she exhibits 3 of 5 GCC Wins: "Invests and Invites", "Have a Friend, Be a Friend" and "Read your Bible". What a reader worthy blog my young friend has.

I've been reflecting on bloggin' lately and have lots of questions. Is it really worth the time...is it making a difference...is it worthy of you taking time out of your life to read...am I bloggin' just to have blogged? Many bloggin' friends have dropped out of the bloggin' world. Does that mean the answer was more often "no" than "yes"? If "all staff" emails costs $25, how much does clickin' and readin' everyones blog cost a corporation / organization / church? How much of my life is evaporating away as I read a bunch of mindless garbage to get to the nuggets? While I really like the nuggets and I really like getting updates on peoples lives and I really like telling the stories...at what expense or who's expense? Lots of questions with very few answers...I'm good at that. I'm gonna keep on bloggin', but just try to make more of an effort to make sure it's reader worthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If "all staff" emails costs $25, how much does clickin' and readin' everyones blog cost a corporation / organization / church?"

Where did you find this number ($25)?