Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Accountability and Stubborness - What a Pair

It's after midnight and I just got back from Roxanne's house. She is an amazing, long-time friend of mine who has been my prayer partner for over a decade. How amazing is that! She's got my back...big time! We've prayed for anything and everything. God has been faithful time and time again. I wish I had time to tell you about all the answers to prayer we've received. There are times we've been faithful to get together every week, while others times life gets so hectic it's only once a month. We could have given up, but we didn't. We're both too stubborn for that.

Ruby is another friend of mine who is absolutely incredible. We have been memorizing scripture together. She's tackling Ephesians and I'm tackling John. We've almost got the first chapter down. I'm so stinkin' proud of her. Initially we were going to memorize five verses a week, but failed miserably at it. So we decided just to do the best that we could, even if it's only a verse or two a week. We could have given up, but we didn't. We're both too stubborn for that.

Karen, Wendy, Loretta and Carole are other friends of mine. They're off-the-chart. We decided to do the Old Testament Challenge together a year or so ago. We got behind about about week two. We could have given up, but we didn't. We're all too stubborn for that. A year and a half later, we're through the whole Bible and began round two a couple of weeks ago.

It might sound like I'm braggin' a bit, but I'm really not. I've found in my life that without accountability, I'm a loser when it comes to being consistant at anything. I need people in my life to keep me on track, but not just any people. I need people who are too stubborn to quit and, while we might have to adjust the goal a bit, will keep at it.

Thank you Roxanne, Ruby, Karen, Wendy, Loretta, Carole... and the newest member Chantelle. Without you, my reading of the Bible, memorization of Scripture and prayer life would not be what it is today. Next to Jesus, you are my rocks.

No comments: