Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Accidents, Cadre and Open Heart Surgery

Jeanne totalled her car on Saturday and tried to break by putting her head through the windshield. It didn't work. I've never seen two more swollen black eyes in my life...no exaggeration. To let you know what a warrior I work with, she still did the 2 day Cadre on Monday and Tuesday (11 hours on Monday and 14 hours on Tuesday). Cadre plane tickets had long ago been purchased, so the thought of canceling on 35 youth pastors didn't seem like an option. So, I watched my boss and friend nail it despite the intense pain. She was 110% fully there and fully on. Impressive.

I jumped on a plane after I made sure the majority of the Cadre guys and girls had made their way back home. A friend of mine is having a five hour open heart surgery where they will stop her heart for two hours to replace two valves. I think I already blogged about it, but there are 5 families I am committed to do life with from Indiana, along with my family, for eternity. Wendy's is one of them.

2 comments:

Jason Aten said...

Sending a prayer for Wendy and her family

Bridget said...

Oh no. I'm glad everyone is ok.