Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Meet the Interns



The hightlight of my year was my time spent with the interns and support staff (or as the guys call themselves, manterns). Their last official day is tomorrow, when most of them will go off and do ministry in some other part of the country. It will be a sad (but happy) day for me. One of them left yesterday and it nearly ripped my heart out. I guess that's a sign of investment and heart deposit. I am beyond proud of them. If I had the money, I would hire all of them.

Today they gave me the coolest token ever (a machete) with a tag (tied with raffia of course) that reads "Thanks for cutting through the pretenses of ministry and preparing the way for our ministry success. You taught us both the pragmatics and heart of what a God honoring ministry should look like. We are better, stronger and braver becasue your machete has gone before us! THE INTERNS OF 2009-2010

Among other things, I challenged them this year to be grateful people who know what it means to live under authority ... so glad it was, is and will continue to become more and more a part of their dna. They are beyond good, they're AMAZING!

2 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Judy! What a great update and a great group of interns and manterns! I agree with everything they said when they gave you the machete! You're awesome.

Judy Gregory said...

Thanks Amber! I love watching your little girl grow up. She is the most adorable thing ever and has one of the greatest mommy's EVER!