Friday, June 04, 2010

Meet The Assistants



The 3 people you see above, well those 3 people kept my world glued together this year. Learning to navigate multiple ministries at the same time (Cadre, Source/YLC/website, Alliance, Middle School, Childrens Ministry, MC Atlanta 3rd year Interns and the Accounting Department) has been fun, horrible, wonderful and challenging at the same time. Next year, after I empower a few more people along the way, I add on support staff discipleship.

Let me introduce them to you...

Ben - Lead Assistant (4th year support staff) - Some of my fondest memories with Ben have been our late night conversations. He is a quiet giant. Ben doesn't talk a ton, but when he does, everyone listens...everyone. He has huge influence and walks with enormous amounts of integrity. His calm nature brings peace to a room, regardless of the circumstance going on within it. Ben is going to go rock the world somewhere next year doing ministry or playing basketball.

Bridget - She is an administrative giant that might stand 5'2" at best. She knows how I like things done and delievers. Bridget doesn't mind doing the spreadsheets and putting notebooks together...for that I am incredibly grateful. In other words, she understands the glamorous and non-glamorous parts of ministry and is great with all of it. She also makes me laugh, which I am always in need of. She isn't coming back next year, but the girl will always be near and dear to my heart.

Jordan - Jordan loves to do everything I hate, especially phone calls. I think I have a phone phobia, Jordan does not. He always makes me feel like a million bucks by telling everyone he has the "best boss in the world." I thought Jeanne and I loved the Cadre the most, but I think Jordan is in the running. Not once have I ever seen him in a bad mood. He is blasted consistant, which I love and value. Thankfully, Jordan will be back for a 3rd year.

All 3 of my assistants have been AMAZING armor bearers this year. I know they are "for me." They know I am "for them" and will fight for them. They bring peace and joy to my world. I told them at our final lunch together that, with such different personalities, the fact that we still love each other well at the end of the year is incredible. I wasn't sure if I could have 3 assitants without drama, but have had ZERO drama between them and me all year long. They make my day, world and universe.

No comments: