Monday, July 24, 2006

Celebrate the Victories

Lesson 3: I can do a thousands things right and one thing wrong and, you guessed it, I park on the thing I did wrong (or the things I could of done better). I've decided not to do that anymore...or at least try not to. It sucks the life right out of you. It makes things not fun!

Don't get me wrong, you need to evalute yourself in regard to what went well, what can be improved upon and where "you blew it". That's not the point. The problem is parking on the "you blew it", even when it's few and far between.

The other thing I noticed is that people have a tendancy to help you park on the "you blew it" moments. People are too quick, in church and life, to remind you of the "you blew it" moments and not remind you of the "you knocked it out of the park" moments. Why is that? Insecurities in themselves, we're an ungrateful people, that really is what we remember...whatever it is, we need to reprogram our minds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool, hey cant wait for missisippi