Thursday, September 28, 2006

Kay Warren - Oh my goodness

"A seriously disturbed, gloriously ruined woman" are the words Kay Warren used to describe herself today as she talked to the Gathering. I don't know how those kinds of words could be an understatement, but they are. She rocked like no female presenter I've ever heard...ever (although Jeanne Mayo and Lori Salierno are right up there)! I was deeply, incredibly, wonderfully moved by her presentation about HIV aids and how God changed her heart. She's deep, she is real and she has chosen to be in the trenches, refusing to give up. Wow! I just need to go off somewhere and weep...seriously.

Early today we heard from a guy named Bill Daily on how to market your ministry. He was awesome as well. His words rang true; however, the thoughts he provoked were pushed to the side when Kay talked. I'll have to go find and reflect on them later.

No comments: