Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bye, bye Gateway and Dell, make way for the IBM ThinkPad

Computers and me do not get along. I'm convinced there must be magnets in my fingers or something...maybe the Diet Mountain Dew flowing through my veins is really liquid Krypton and has an adverse affect on computers. Ed, in the IT department, is more positive. He thinks I must be doing something pretty amazing for the Kingdom and the Devil tries to derail me through my computer.

First, the Gateway died a slow death (after being wiped clean and having everything reinstalled 3 times), then Dell #1, then Dell #2. I treat them nice, honest I do. They work great for awhile, then they get slower and slower and slower, then they begin crashing and crashing and crashing. You would not believe how many hidden temp files (or whatever they're called) I have from crashing. Today, when I booted my computer, my pal Phil couldn't believe I still couldn't get to my email 10 minutes after hitting the "on" button.

Fortunately, I only needed to get on for awhile this morning, then I shut that thing off for the very last time and traded it in for an IBM ThinkPad. IT is convinced there is no way this thing is going to die on me. I hope they are sooooooooooo very right!

No comments: