Thursday, November 01, 2007

Wrecked

For Oxygen tonight, we did about an hour drama tonight entitled "wrecked." It was well done and perfect for Halloween night. Privately I prayed for record attendance, but realistically wondered if we'd hit our norm. I was pleasantly surprised and grateful for the record attendance. Even better, we had scores of students make a decision for Christ.
Flat out wonderful!

So on a side note, I got one ticket in 27 years and then got two in one week. I'm trying to decide if I fight, plead, beg my way out of any in court. Did you know that making a left hand turn when the sign says you can't (even if there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to) gets you 3 points on your license in Georgia. They are very serious about their "No left turns". The latest one will get me another 2 points. I missed the sign on the toll road when it goes from 70 to 55 mph by Valpo. Needless to say, got busted doing 70 in a 55. Having travelled that road a gazillion times, for the life of me I don't remember seeing the 55 sign this time around. But, I was late for the airport and talking with my mom while I drove so I guess I just missed it.
Big miss!

Update on my dad. He is doing MUCH better! No diagnosis, so I guess we'lll chalk it up to a bad mix in medicine. The day I left he was moved from ICU to a regular room. The bonus was that he got his "words" back. Three of the four days I was there he could totally understood what I was saying, knew what he wanted to say, but couldn't get more than a word of it out.
Freaky!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better. That's great.
I'm glad your Wednesday night program went good too. Corey canceled Oasis this week for some reason. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear Dad is doing better. I was worried about him. Meds can sometimes do bizzare things.

Rhonda

DC Curry said...

Hey Hey Judy, i heard you were in town recently...sorry to hear about why you had to come in but just wanted to let you know i'm praying for your dad.

Keep us updated on how things progress.

Godspeed,
dc

Phil said...

Glad to hear about your dad. I've been praying.

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

BOOO for tickets! I want you to know I really miss you around here.