Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Breathe Judy, Breathe

Last night around 8 p.m., I paused to breathe deep. It's been a crazy busy stretch for the last 40 days and it's time to breathe deep this weekend. We've brought in the new Master's students, ramped up the 115 Cadre, brought in our board for our two day annual gathering (which included creating a 170 page notebook, figuring out a field trip and tokens), sent out nearly 300 promo boxes for NYLC to the current and previous Cadre, placed our new MC students in 02 groups after a few meetings, got the NYLC website up and sent out a 70,000 piece mailer, sat through a 3 year audit of our financials for a new mortgage, got the children's ministry into a flow after we transitioned to a new director, pumped out two NYLC promo videos.... I'm going to breathe deep at home in Indiana after I got a cheap ($159) round trip ticket to Indy. The computer is staying back in Atlanta. I'd shut off my phone if I could. It's time to hit the pause button, the first Cadre Advance is a week and half.

In the midst of it all, we went through the Atlanta gas crisis and my shoulder going frozen. The good news is that we now have gasoline and after nearly four days of my shoulder being pinned unvoluntarily to my side (seriously, not sure you could have gotten a thin book between my side and my arm), my shoulder de-thawed. What a wicked adventure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there my dear friend. your reward and rest is in Heaven... don't forget it!

Bridget said...

Hey Judy. I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better. When are you coming to Indiana?

Phil said...

Hey Judy - will we get to see you when you are up here?
I understand if it doesn't work out. Important thing is that you RELAX! Seriously - take a break.