Saturday, October 18, 2008

Who Are You Cheering For?

We're in the midst of some busy days. I love it most of the time. It was great to pause for the weekend, I didn't check voicemails or emails. It wasn't as relaxing as I'd like, it involved moving my mom and a 5:30 a.m. hospital run with her after her boyfriend of many years colapsed. I wasn't able to call and connect with some treasured friends; however, I did get some much needed sleep. Watching the EMT's worked on Jim while he was unconscious had all sorts of spiritual analogies for me. I will share later. In the meantime, everyone is buzzing around here preparing for the first Cadre that comes in tomorrow and the Retreat and second year Cadre next week. I love this place. The MC gang is off the hook, nailing it in every area. It is a site to behold. I love the opportunity to speak into the lives of the next generation of leaders. You would be proud of the group. I know I am. They make me smile when they cheer for me every time I get the opportunity to speak into their lives, even on the little stuff. Who are you cheering for? It makes a difference, it makes life fun, it keeps them in the race running hard.

2 comments:

Rhonda Redman said...

Is Jim OK? Is Mom OK?

Bridget said...

I'm glad that you were able to relax some. Maybe we will see you when you are home for Thanksgiving. I might actually have to work this year at Sears (Ireland in South Bend) over Thanksgiving. If you are in town and shopping on "Black Friday", you should come in and visit.