Thursday, July 26, 2007

Podcast

So Jeanne records her first podcast tomorrow, based on research here are a few things she needs/might want to try...

· Need techno, rock style or digital juice and tag line
· Need transition music, so that you can divide it up
· It's ok to mention the website two or three times
· Interviewing people seems to be a nice trend
· Record everything, then play clips and talk about them
· Talk about current events
· Use lots of humor
· Have some kind of mailbag (i.e. way for listeners to ask questions)
· Play music/song every once and awhile
· Maybe a competition of some sort before NYLC or when Uncensored comes out.
· Some podcasts you can't fast forward or rewind. It's very annoying.
· Close with the same or different tag line and theme music

I loved Catalyst's podcast, but Relevant's wasn't for me (however, it has 30,000 listeners so it must be for someone). I thought they did a great job with the most recent Countdown to Innovate. I laughed at the use of Bart Simpson's voice on the #1 Catholic Podcast - Daily Breakfast.

Thanks Karen for your help with this! You rock friend! Hang in there, that wrist is almost healed!

1 comment:

J Aquila said...

Judy - My company can supply your podcast's needs for production techno and rock style music. You can download it directly from our site gmpmusic.com or give me a call and I can send some discs for you to preview before purchasing what you need.

Also, I need your personal address for Angie and I, so we can send you a thank you note for your wedding gift, to us.