Friday, February 20, 2009

A Great Day

Today was AMAZING ... long ... but AMAZING!

10:30 - 12:00 JEANNE TIME
I started off by coming in early for Jeanne time (10:30 a.m. is early when you leave at 3:30 a.m.). It's an hour and a half every Thursday morning that the MC students have with Jeanne, mostly focusing on a mix of character and leadership development. It was off the hook. One of the many profound things she said is...

"You want to be a leader who walks with such integrity and authentic love that it makes it hard for anyone to rebel against you." Good stuff.

We closed by talking about NYLC. She asked Anne and I to talk at the end. More and more, I love the one word quick sermon/coaching session...followed by a few lines. My word today was INITIATIVE. In a nutshell, in the coming days we will be peddling just as fast as we can. Because even with NYLC coming up, we will still have church, Oxygen will still happen and Master's Commission will go on in the midst of it all.

I challenged them to...
Take the initiative to fix a token that you see is messed up, even if you weren't the one who made it (we're about to head into token season for NYLC).
Take the initiative to flip off the lights given the economic crunch all around.
Take the initiative to bring the van seat left out in the rain back in.
Take the initiative to do things with excellence...to go the extra mile.

If you can get the initiative thing down, you will be a better employee, husband, wife, parent...

12:00 - 1:00 EMAILS, EMAILS, EMAILS AND CONFERENCE CALL PREP

1:00 - 3:00 CADRE INVICTUS CONFERENCE CALL
Jeanne talked about helping the ladies in your life be all they can be. Great stuff. The guys asked great questions.

3:00 - 3:30 SET UP A VOICESHOT
Reminded all the Cadre peeps that after tomorrow the price goes up for NYLC.

3:30 - 7:30 NYLC MARATHON MEETING

8:00 - 1:30 a.m. JEANNE, BETHANY AND I COMPILED THE FINAL ILLUSTRATIONS FOR JEANNE'S NEW BOOK
"Finding God when He feels far away" will hit the shelves at NYLC. It's been a mad dash to get the editing done in time. As I drew stick figure after stick figure, all I could think of is "Mark Beeson could do sooo much better." He's the Stickman Master. I hope the artist who has to make sense out of all of our drawings does better than we did.

We entered the board room at 3:30 p.m and left at 1:30 a.m. Literally, we only came out to use the bathroom and watch the final run though of a human video for this Sunday at church.

1 comment:

Rhonda Redman said...

I love your stick dude! He's cute! Joe used to draw a pretty mean Ninja stick dude. I miss those. He always included them on anything he wrote for me. Never fear! It is amazing how well an artist can translate stick dudes and I have the tattoo to prove it. ;)

Good luck on that concept of taking initiative. I've been trying to explain that one to my family for years now but they just look at me like I'm an alien. The very idea of taking initiative is usually greeted with some kind of comment like "It's not mine" or "I didn't put it there". AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! LOL. Not good!

Miss ya!