Tuesday, July 22, 2008

722

Went to 722 tonight and it was AMAZING. There were three surprises.

1. Phil Wickham showed up to lead worship. Mike introduced me to his music a couple of months ago and I've loved the guy ever since. Sitting fifth row center stage made it that much more sweeter. Charlie Hall is up next month. I love Atlanta.

2. For the service, Jarrett Stevens interviewed Margaret Feinberg. I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of her ... I know, I know ... where have I been? Looks like she was at Northland last week. She was off the hook. She's written The Organic God and Sacred Echo, among others. I think after I get done with Crazy Love and reread In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day, I'll pick one of them up. Next month Dan Kimball is up, author of "They like Jesus but Not the Church".

3. At the end, Jarrett announced that 722 was ending. The reasoning being that they didn't feel like 722 was uniquely providing something that no one else was providing. While they love the service, it felt like it it was just becoming another option. It sounded like September might be the last month, but I'm not sure about that. They are praying and seeking God for what's next.

1 comment:

Terrace Crawford said...

Holy cow... I love 722. I'm sad to see it go.