Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's 8:30 a.m. and I love that sound

It was actually a little before 8:30 just a few minutes. As I sat outside my office, I heard the sound of voices, laughter and all out fun. The MC students were pouring in for the day. It's after 8:30 right now and as quickly as they came in, they are gone. They start their mornings here in the sanctuary in prayer. It's a non-negotiable in this place, the time is set-aside, the time is given (of course once in the sanctuary, they have to choose how focused they are). I love this place! My mind just raced forward to the middle of June, when the sound of 80 plus students won't be here for the summer...when it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I dread those days. I'm not sure I could ever go back to business (youth ministry) as usual...go back to the days without MC or interns. The raising up of the next generation of church and business leaders is good for my soul. It brings life to these aging bones.

2 comments:

Scotto said...

your bones are anything but aging! judy you are younger than half the people i graduated with!

onecory said...

amen sister. it's a beautiful sound.