Friday, November 10, 2006

Attitude of Gratitude

Whether on top of a mountain or in a valley, I've been working on this "have an attitude of gratitude" since Camp Adventure this summer. I lost sight of it for a week or two earlier in the fall, but am back on track. So here are a few current and up and coming things I'm grateful for or excited about.

Had an incredible conversation with Rob on Wednesday. Afterwards, I gave God thanks for him injecting his passion and love for Jesus into me over a decade ago. It still remains.

GCC will be celebrating it's 20th anniversary next weekend. That's very cool, especially since I've been here over 18 of them. Had it not been for Mark and putting feet to his dream, I'd still be trying to find the gold at the end of the corporate rainbow. We also have a new campaign starting in February. They can be downers for some; however, campaigns to me are a sign of growth and changed lives for Christ. I heard of a church that is in a deconstruction phase in Illinois, that breaks my heart.

DC and Brooke are coming back to town. DC will oversee the youth ministry department for GCC. They are an AMAZING couple full of life and integrity.

The little Mann will be arriving in January. I like to watch Corey's face when he talks about him.

Willow's Scott Rubin, Jason Raitz and I were in email conversations today about a gathering being pulled together. I feel pretty honored to be a part of it and included in the planning. These guys are incredible - humble, encouraging and sharp. They're hearts are gold. Jesus shines brightly in them and through them.

Jeanne Mayo may be coming to GCC in January. If it doesn't work out, I'll still see her down in Atlanta that same week. Words cannot describe how she breathes life into me, not to mention she's stinkin' brilliant. On Thursday, both she and Rob sent me emails that were strickingly similiar...I've got that little God moment tucked away in my heart.

Rob Bell is doing a "Isn't She Beautiful" church conference at Mars Hill soon! Met Steve Carter, their middle school guy, this week. He loves Jesus and has got the goods! I'm looking forward to getting to know him and about his ministry more in January.

Corey and I have breathtakingly awesome leaders and students in our ministries. I stand in awe of them every week.

It seems like God is doing something pretty incredible in student ministry leaders across the country. I've never felt such a sense of unity and encouragement across denominations. I'm part of three different gatherings that are as different as night and day (seriously) and my sensing is the same in all three - that we are on the verge of something. I don't want to sound all mystic or anything, but the days ahead seem like they have the potential to be pretty exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds great whats happening ... praying & proud of your teams. Your an amazing leader! Keep your eyes on Jesus!

amberWIRE said...

Judy,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to hear what is really going on so that I can be praying more specifically. God is so cool, the way he sends emails through people... I love that!

You're incredible! See you at the 20th Anniversary!