Friday, November 24, 2006

Just Do It

I was on my way out of town and wanted to drop a good friend an email. It wasn't much of an email, in fact I almost didn't send it becasue I didn't have the time to write a whole lot. But she was on my mind, so I zipped one off and pray for her every time she comes to mind. Here's part of her response.

hey judy,
...i almost cried when i got your email ... just knowing that you love me and are praying for me is everything i could ask for...

Why do I share it? Because chances are there is someone you care about that you've been meaning to email that you've held off on because you don't have time to say in depth what you want to say. Just do it. A small something is better than silence. One of my big learning points a couple of years ago was that if you fail to say anything, people begin to write their own story - even your own family and friends. A friend has taught me well that you can't tell people they're amazing, you care about, you're thinking about them, etc. often enough!

1 comment:

Jason Raitz said...

I love it. It's amazing that something that really takes no time at all can be so powerful.