Sunday, March 04, 2007

Maximum Impact

There are way too many plays, games and concerts to go to given the number of students in our ministry. So, I've boiled it down to three priorities...

1. Jamborees and invitationals where all of our key schools play each other at one central location.
2. Any activity that our high school leaders are in that I find out about. If it's a sport, I at least try and hit one game/meet a year.
3. Any event where a student looks me in the eye and invites me to come.

Last month it was the ISSMA competition at Elkhart Central, this month it was the Wrestling Invitational at Grissom (#1). Last Saturday was Kara's play and this Saturday is Kasie's play (#2). And Friday night will be the middle school play at Discovery (#3).

It was cool seeing all the wrestlers. Our guys did well. However, it was hard to figure out who to cheer for. I have a feeling I might of cheered for an Oasis guy I knew who was competing against an Oasis guy I didn't know. So, about half way through I just started smiling and hoping for the best. After the match, I decided that was my time to go over and give personal encouragement.

John Young took the championship with Grissom coming in a close second. It went right down to the wire.

I had a good time. However, I can't get out of my head one of our students, had we not been there, had no one to cheer him on. Currently he's grounded from Oasis and outside activities for getting into trouble at home. I'm worried about him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,

Hmmm... wonder who's that kid you're talking about???
Anyway, had an awesome time too cheering on our Oasis guys. good times... good times...

Dave P

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that you are an extraordinary leader? One of those wrestlers you were cheering on is the son of a staff member and he thinks you walk on water. I realize that you will have to disabuse him of that notion :) but the fact that you care enough to show up at their activities tells the young people in your charge that you do more than talk about Jesus - you act like Him.