Saturday, March 24, 2007

They are so much better than back in the day

Just got back from watching Ashley Lutz, Taylor Lutz and Alex Morton play basketball at MBA and ND ... they are off the hook. I don't ever remember girls playing that well back in the day. Last year at camp when they beat the guys at lunch, I thought it was a combo of skill and luck. After seeing them play, it was all skill baby. AMAZING. As of now both teams are undefeated this weekend! I hope they take the championship for their respective age divisions.

Last night I went and saw the 6th and 8th grade Schmucker bands and the 8th grade Discovery band play at Penn. Once again, I was stunned. I actually expected my ears to be bloodied after the event, but the bands totally rocked. In between band performances, we took in the 8th grade Schmucker Cinderella play (the other half of the 8th grade did Aladdin last week). Watching Ashley play the role of the wicked step-sister and CJ dance was a hoot. The whole class did incredibly well, but the sound system did not do them justice. I hope they get that fixed. The kids worked so hard and did so well, then to have the sound constantly crackle or inaudible made me want to scream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy you ROCK!! Thanks for coming this weekend, it means a lot!

See yah,
Ashley