Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weekend Recap

FRIDAY
Friday morning I hit the court running...literally. Theresa invited me to play basketball with some of her friends. I had a GREAT time for a number of reasons. Because...
1. I love basketball.
2. Theresa's friends are cool nondramatic women who kick tail (mostly my tail) at basketball.
3. I love to exercise without realizing I'm exercising. On the court, I'm just having fun. On the treadmill, I'm working out. I like having fun, I don't like working out.

I know this sounds disgusting, but I was drenched in sweat when I was done and actually had a smile on my face. I found out full court basketball for an hour can give you quite the workout. They play three times a week. I hope I stick with it...I hope they stick with it. If that happens, it's exactly what I've been looking for.

Friday night some leaders and I went to see Kasie and Corey's high school play. I'm not huge on plays, but this one was awesome and funny. They did an incredible job. Afterwards a bunch of us went out to dinner at Chili's. The dinner was expensive but the chips were good...and the company, even better.

SATURDAY
I spent all day Saturday with Seth and the Five Star Crew in Chicago. A great time was had by all. In the beginning I didn't think it was going to be possible to make the seven girls I had all happy, but with a little strategic planning at the lunch table we pulled it off. The only regret was the $7 we all paid for the "Fun House" at Navy Pier. The Fun House was not so fun. My only other purchase was for "Jesus" bandaids. They were so ridiculously stupid I had to buy them.

I loved hanging with the girls. They're pretty amazing. More and more I realize the truth in Jeanne Mayo's statment "He/she who spends the most time wins." I want that to become the culture of our youth ministry and its leaders. I now have two of the girls in my group coming to Oasis without me ever inviting them, just their friends. Totally cool!

Saturday night I took a student to see "The Ultimate Gift". It was pretty good. I'd give it 4 of 5 stars. It's got a chick flick feel and a couple of great clips I'll one day use. I admit it ... I cried twice. I'm not sure if it was because of the movie or the fact that my muscles were screaming from Friday's workout and Saturday's shopping.

SUNDAY
Went to church Sunday morning 3rd service. I think 90% of GCC's forgot about the time change since 3rd Service was unusually packed. Mark did an amazing job and the video at the beginning was absolutely hilarious. I loved it! Afterwards, I went to lunch with my dad, sister and a couple of students, checked out a house and hit Lifeline. I had a whole entourage up in my office afterwards. It was fun catching up with some of my pals. We've got some of the most amazing students...EVER!

No comments: