Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back Home in Indiana
















I decided to make a spur of the moment trip back to Indiana for my friend's, Ruby, fundraising/vision casting event, along with several birthdays - Ashlyn's (my niece), Kira's and my own.

It was an amazing, whirlwind, couple of days. Ruby's event reminded me what an incredible woman of God she is. I am grateful to be able to call her friend.

Then yesterday some friends and I got together. It grew from a handful of previous Bible study friends to a bunch of pals. I absolutely loved it! Karen whipped up her famous Chicken Doris and good times were had by all.

The pic above was the calm before the storm. We spent the last hour together awaiting an intense storm that never really materialized, but it was fun watching the audio and light show God was putting on and listening to the Tornado warnings go off together.

Now I'm off to Indy with my mom and sister for my flight home and some more time with my niece. Lovin' every minute. Thanks for all who made the last few days AMAZING!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Yum. Chicken Doris...yum.
I wish i could have seen you when you were in town. Maybe Steve and I will take a vacation to Atlanta when we save up the money.

Rhonda Redman said...

Missed you again. *sigh*

Ah well. Hope you're having a happy birthday. : ) Just remember that you're still younger than me. LOL.

And just so you know, I've had only 2 cigs since 7/23. I can finally breathe again, which is especially nice when playing tennis.

I hope you're doing well with your goals as well.

Judy Gregory said...

Rhonda,
I am going to be home at the end of the month ... probably from the 24-31st. Let's do lunch. You tell me what day and I will write it in ink! Miss ya friend.
Judy

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful having you home for your birthday (and Kira's)! Thanks for hanging...it means more to me and the kids than you know!!!
love ya
Your bestest friend in the whole wide world!

Rhonda Redman said...

Danielle and I are going to Indy on the 27th. Aside from that, I do believe my schedule is pretty free.

dave said...

Hey Judy,
Was just reading your blog when I saw this post. Oh man, I'm so sorry I missed you and your b-day celebration. I didn't know about it. Next time you are here, please tell me any happenings/gatherings. I so want to see you already.