Sunday, August 10, 2008

AWAKEN



























Tonight was AWAKEN, a city wide gathering we put on at the Tab. It was amazing. The worship band knocked it out of the park ... they totally brought it. I was so proud of them.

Pic 1: Jay, our sound guy, behind the board. He is is quickly growing to be like a little brother. He marries Missy in May. I've never seen dating done so well. I'm proud of them.

Pic 2: A distant view of the band. We talked about racial unity tonight. Our band reprsents that well, it's evenly distributed between blacks, whites and Simoians. They care for each other well and look, love and live beyond skin tone.

Pic 3: Ashley, Mckenna and Cherry (my AA). These were 3 of my top 5 MC girls I connected with this year, probably because they all have a rebel streak that runs pretty deep. Chris would tell me it's the same one that resides in me ... maybe that's why we connect so well. Watch out world, as they continue to bring it under the leadership and lordship of Christ, there is no telling what they can accomplish for the Cause, the King and the Kingdom.

Pic 4: Neftaly Leonidas and Daniel Kimani - two of my favorite middle school students (ok, I say that about all of them) in Oxygen. Both are spiritually wise beyond their years, but then again one is a Leonidas and the other a Kimani ... nothing more needs to be said, no surprises there.

Pic 5: MC and Oxygen guys. The little one is Angel, who broke his wrist a month ago doing a flip at Oxygen. Tolu (aka Roy) and Hoi (right side, in front of and behind Angel) are the Simoani brothers in the band. Rey (middle back) is one of the most amazing small group leaders in the world. He knows how to take care of students. The guy on the left of Rey is James. If he grows up a bit, he will be a significant player in the church world today. I get the privilege of helping him grow up this year.

2 comments:

iridebikes said...

I'm so jealous...I really wanted to go to Awaken...I'm gonna have to go some other time :D lol

::missy.girl:: said...

love the pic of jay! i blogged too..well just pics.

missy