Thursday, August 21, 2008

They will suck the life right out of you

There has to be some simple explanation, like when we eat Thanksgiving dinner why we want to take a nap (I forget what the name of the stuff is in the turkey that makes you want to do that, I just know it's there). For me, this same phenomenon occurs after all-day meetings. We had a NYLC meeting in the board room that went from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., pretty much non-stop. It was a GREAT meeting, but immediately made me feel like I needed a nap afterwards. So, I took one. Now, and only now, after a nap do I feel ready to dive in and get some real work done. All-day meetings, all-day conferences and turkey will suck the life right out of you ... but they are all good for you ... go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tryptophan.

Terrace Crawford said...

Judy, I was just debating on taking a nap. This post has confirmed that I want to.