Tuesday, August 26, 2008

mooreforthemoney.blogspot.com

I am all about student ministry ... ok, maybe not "all", maybe only 4/5ths. The other 1/5th of my job is to lend some of my knowledge of finances to the accounting department. Well, I passed the CPA exam 18 years ago around 1990, did auditing work from 1987 - 1997 ... and from then on it was nothing but student ministry. So, I've been out of the financial loop for over a decade. That's a really, really long time. Plus, auditing is a whole lot different than accounting.

I needed a coach, so I called on a friend from GCC, Dave Moore. Dave is brilliant at finances (and an amazing water skier). Words cannot express how helpful ... and patient ... he always was when I'd be working the middle school budget at GCC. He coached me today on the balance sheet pieces I was struggling with. I texted Jeanne afterwards and said, "he helped us a lot ... a lot, a lot." I am grateful. Plus, it was fun laughing today over some of the stuff we used to have "discussions" about.

I was excited to hear that he is blogging about "church finances." You can go to his blog at mooreforthemoney.blogspot.com. He's also now linked on the side of my blog ... "Dave Moore".

No comments: