Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Great Couple of Days

I've been silent on the blog due to spending the last couple of days at the First Year Ladies Cadre Breakaway. It was two intense and incredible days with the wives and female youth pastors of the Litmus and Prestige Cadres. I was worried about the size ... 54 women and 9 Journey Group leaders all in Jeanne's living room. But all was great ... in fact it felt less crowded than when we had 35 Cadre men and women and 7 iron group leaders in one room. I guess you can attribute it to women being smaller.

Jeanne knocked it out of the park talking about being a female leader, mind games, balancing life/family/ministry and answering the "Dear Jeanne" annoymous questions. I wish all could have heard the wisdom that poured out of her after living nearly four decades in the trench. The women were equipped, encouraged and inspired to take the next hill.

Navigating the couple of days was definitely a ride on our end. The Master's Commission Atlanta gang knocked it out of the park getting the 54 women to where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there (airport pick ups/drop offs, morning and evening pick ups/drop offs, field trip transpo, etc.), preparing and serving dinner, creating a "field trip" experience that rocked, taking care of the five babies, encouraging and cheering on the ladies, making sure lights, sound and video were up and running and the list goes on...

The only sad thing is after I made sure the last one, Rachel (a great friend from Indiana, now in Arizona), made it to the airport, about two hours later my body said enough is enough. I suddenly felt exhausted and came down with a fever and a ridiculous soar throat (which is understandable considering how the MC gang is passing around the flu). So, instead of going to Oxygen tonight, I went home to bed. In over a decade of ministry, I never skipped youth group when I was in town. It's now 4 a.m. and I am bright eyed and bushy tailed with a throat that is raw. Pray for me ... I still need to kick it high gear today and tomorrow (in fact I'm at work now). I have more things to accomplish in two days than is remotely possible, including talking three hours on two conference calls today about junior high, writing two articles and working some serious financials.

The great news is this weekend the McFarlands are down in the ATL. I'm looking foward to hanging out with some of the most AMAZING people in the world whom I love dearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, It was more than a blessing to have met you this weekend and I'm so grateful you "choose me to be in your Journey Group". I'm praying for your health, but of course, praying I don't get whatever you have! HaHa!! Love you and thanks for being you!!

Andrea Barnett

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!