Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ben, Cherry and Alissa

It's 11:45 p.m. and Ben, Cherry and Alissa just raced out of my office to make curfew back at the apartments. Cherry is my administrative assistant and Alissa is Jeanne's. It was fun taking time out to talk and laugh with them. All three of them are amazing and could do just about anything in life they put their hand too. If you look at Ben you think of Mr. Basketball, if you listen to Alissa you think ridiculous amounts of wisdom/loyalty and if you look at Cherry you think both stunning and smart.

It wasn't too long before Cherry and Alissa got caught up in Alissa's wedding plans. It was cute. At which time, Ben grabbed a seat in my office and fired off some fun questions at me. He asked me something like, "When you meet Jesus, what will He say is the one thing He was really glad you did?" I told him, "loved them all the same - the five star, the average kid and the underdog." I then reversed the question and he said "loved the homeless." When Ben talked about the conversations he's had with the homeless, his eyes lit up like I hadn't seen before. In fact, it was interesting seeing this five star kid tear up when talking about a homeless man he met in Cincinnati at the Group conference.

He then asked me, "Judy what do you think your purpose is?" I told him "I don't know, I'm trying to work that out." I threw it back, "What do you think my purpose is?" I gave all three of them a shot. Ben said it was to do YLC and mentor MC students, Cherry said it was junior high and mentor MC students, and Alissa said it was to be an armor bearer of Jeanne. I thought all were interesting perspectives. I then tossed back to Ben and asked him "What he thought his purpose was?" We got back on the conversation of the homeless and I challenged him to pour some more fuel on that fire and see where God takes him. We went on to talk about Kurt Salierno and I let him read the story of Max.

Before I knew it, 11:45 p.m. was here. Have I said lately how much I love the Master's Commission students. I think they will keep me young for quite awhile.

1 comment:

handsnfeet33 said...

i am a fan of my ac dad. and you.