Friday, April 18, 2008

Post #5 - Mexico - Wednesday - Cadereyta













I'm a day behind on my blogging, but I will catch up. On Wednesday, we went to the Cadereyta. The Cadereyta is composed of squatters by the Rio moved by the government. They were moved with the promise of better provision (building supplies, electricity and plumbing), which some have received. However, the government's generosity has run its course.

The Cadereyta is a few steps up from the Rio I visited three years ago, but it is definitely still a poverty stricken area. There is hope in the Cadereyta though. We helped a pastor who feels called to serve and live in the Cadereyta. We assisted in the cement work of the community/worship center they are building, along with an apartment upstairs for him and his family.

Afterwards, we held a worship service under tarps. The pastor had someone lead worship and spoke a short message. The team did their two cool songs for the kids and then a number of our students shared testimonies of what the Lord has done and is doing in their lives. At the conclusion our team handed out gift bags to the kids and this ginormous wafer like crackers with cream, cheese and salsa on top. They must of tasted better than they looked, given both kids and parents gobbled them up.

We left the Cadereyta and went to Pollo Locos (or something like that) for dinner where we meet up with Ruby and a number of students from the Hope Program. What an amazing day. MC Atlanta represented today, as well as in the previous days. I am so stickin' proud of our team, words cannot express.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Judes... I love you. And I miss all the people you have on your trip with you. And of course I miss you. I miss your smile. I miss your joyous spirit in the offices.

Please tell the team to make me an enchilada. Pack it up neatly and take it home for me. If the security guards don't approve of this, use your mace.

I love all of you!

Re


And Brooke says...

Tell everybody I love them... especially James!!! Have a safe trip home!!! :)

Unknown said...

TOMA TOMA LO....you guys look like your having the time of your lives....i hope you continue to minister God's love and hope to these people...we are praying and fighting for you with the same JOY we love you all and we miss you.
-Jorge Alvial