Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Everyone Should Have Some 20-Somethings Around Them

Today, Cherry, Alissa and I went near and to the University of Georgia to scope out some places for a certain undisclosed event. We had a blast. When we went onto UGA's campus it was swarming with 20-somethings running, playing soccer and hanging out given the skies were blue and it was about 78 degrees. The great time I was having with the girls and seeing all of the others made me realize everyone should surround themselves with at least a handful of 20-somethings. They can take a great day and make it better with their laughter, hunger to learn and energy. It made me remember the Monday evenings back home I spent with Ruby, Jeanna, Jerica, Jermemy, Jason and Naomi. Great times!

4 comments:

Rhonda Redman said...

That's why I love being involved with events at IUSB. I swear I can feel people thinking when I walk on campus. I really need to get my butt enrolled.

I have noticed that the majority of my friends that work with 20 somethings seem to have a whole lot more energy than I do. I believe you're onto something here.

Bridget said...

As a 20-something...We love hanging out with you too.

Judy Gregory said...

Rhonda,
You definitely need to get your tail enrolled. I've been thinkin' about getting my Master's degree somewhere. Not sure if I have the time ... but you know what they say, you'll make the time for what you truly want. Love ya friend, Judy

Rhonda Redman said...

You are so right. My lack of a college degree is the one thing in my life that I am genuinely ashamed of.

Last month, I spent a week or so manning a table at IUSB and kept running into Joe. Not only did I get to impress everyone with my great son but I also got to impress him with everyone I know over there. It's not that easy to impress your own kids. Other peoples' kids are much easier to impress. LOL.

Getting involved in activities at IUSB is cool but it doesn't replace the education and I always remember that my mom waited too long to go back to school. She never had a chance to finish. As much as I want to be like her, that's going to have to be the one exception.

I think a Master's would be great. I hope you make the time to do that for yourself because it will never happen if you wait to find the time.

Love ya too friend!