Monday, September 08, 2008

Let Me Not Grow Deaf

We get thanks you's from Cadre members often ... I pray my ears never become deaf to their gratitude, not because of ego but because I always want to remember that what we do is important. We're fortunate we get to hear the "thank you's," most in the trenches of youth ministry don't. One of the guys wrote today...

I want to thank you so much for all that you have poured into my life and my student ministry this year. The cadre came at a perfect time in my life and gave me the extra passion and fuel that I needed to push forward strong on this incredible journey called Youth ministry ... What you are doing , no one else is doing. Please don’t ever stop.

That's my prayer for youth worker's across the nation tonight, "please don't ever stop ... it's important!"

No comments: