Thursday, December 18, 2008

Random Highs and Lows

Interesting Day ... Random Highs and Lows

1. Saw this video on DC's blog yestday and I'm hooked. I must have watched it a half a dozen times today. If you watch it, make sure you watch the WHOLE thing.

2. Took Brittany out to dinner before Oxygen for her birthday. Good times. I love mentoring moments and coversations with MC students.

3. Jim is back in the hospital after another serious episode. While in the hospital, the nursing staff allowed his blood pressure to rise well above 200 and then he proceeded to have another major seisure. Between Jim and them yanking my dad off all meds and sending him home, I'm losing confidence in our medical professionals ... but what choice do you have?

4. I'm creating the 09 budget for the church and with a two minute calculation think I just saved the church $10,000. Most of my salary comes from Youth Leader's Coach, but a little of it comes from the Tabernacle. I texted Jeanne that the Tab got a good deal when she hired me for YLC. She texted back that it was the "understatment of the universe!!!!" An exaggeration on her part for sure, but felt good nonetheless.

5. I'm a simple learner. Today I was reminded how we have a tendency to circumvent protocol without much consideration for those affected. Then, when you become responsible for those people and areas affected, you get a little more touchy. I was more than a little frustrated today.

6. Today we had our 02 small group night with our students and I had to do #4 on my previous post afterwards ... correct and redirect. We did not come with our "A" game ... or our "B" game for that matter. We "coasted" into Christmas Break tonight after a great weekend ... not good! But, I love, love, love my team so we sat down and had a little pow wow afterwards. I tried to put it in the most positive encouraging way possible, but the room was still verrrrry quiet. I could have waited until after break, but didn't think that would be effective. One of my team members commented privately afterwards that she was grateful. Regardless, it was a tough call. Ugh!

7. The fire alarms just went off ... smoke detected on the first floor. No smoke, so we reset the alarm and called the alarm company. They indicated the fire department had not been dispatched. As I hung up with them, Robert called and said the fire department was at the front door. Go figure.

That's my cue to go home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what they call a doctor who got C's in medical school? Doctor... scary...