Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Everyone needs...

As I learn to help give oversight to nine people in six different departments/areas, along with a bunch of MC Cadre and Middle School leads, I'm reminded of some things "everyone needs." A few I had already learned, a few are new and few were realized out of my own longings through the years. Here you go...

1. Everyone needs to know they are cherished/valued by you and those around you
2. Everyone needs a champion … someone who will defend them
3. Everyone needs a cheerleader … someone who will shout their praises to others
4. Everyone needs corrected and redirected on occasion, none of us are perfect
5. Everyone needs to know that when they are corrected and redirected, your love for them hasn’t changed
6. Everyone needs to be communicated/met with, even if only a few minutes a week by phone
7. Everyone needs to know they are heard … even if you don’t agree, let them speak
8. Everyone needs you to know what it’s like to live in their shoes … try doing their job, even for a day. I guarantee you will be surprised at what you learn and often times your compassion level will go way up.
9. Everyone needs a random act of kindness
10. Everyone needs to know what they do and who they are matters ... you know it, you see it, you proclaim it.

For the Cause, for the King, for the Kingdom ... I will get these ten down better with each passing day.

4 comments:

DC Curry said...

good post! and Merry Christmas.

Corey Mann said...

You forgot one...
"Everybody Needs Somebody" by the Blues Brothers

Anonymous said...

What an awesome list!

Love Ya!
Sherri

Rachel Irby said...

I believe so much in this.

I am going to pass this on to as many people as possible.

Miss You!

Rachel I.