Monday, December 15, 2008

I never get tired of youth ministry

On Saturday, we did an event blitz. We went and bought Alee, the six year we adopted for Christmas, a skateboard and some other fun presents and took it down to the Atlanta Dream Center. Then my small group of girls, all 17 of them, piled in cars to go to my apartment where I made dinner for them, we watched I'll Be Home For Christmas and Elf, played spoons and made Christmas cookies. Well, we kind of made Christmas cookies, they looked more like cookie blobs. I remember how it used to drive me nuts the way they never used to look like Christmas cookies, but I've chilled out a lot since then :-) We had fun making every funky color of frosting imaginable. It was a cheap night and fun was had by all. I don't think I'll ever get tired of hanging out with kids. I think sometimes we make events too complicated when in reality they are longing for simple traditions.

No comments: