Thursday, December 04, 2008

Crashing Like A Freight Train

I taught at Oxygen last week and was high (spiritually) as a kite afterwards for a couple of hours and then it happened ... 1/2 way between Atlanta and Nashville on my drive back to Indiana ... the adrenaline, or whatever it is, dropped so fast it made my eyes lids feel like they had weights in them. When I began to slap myself to stay awake, after singing at the top of my lungs, after drumming on the steering wheel, I knew it was time to pull into the rest stop to take a snooze.

Tonight, after creating the NYLC 09 Exhibitor packet (among other stuff) for three really, really, really long days and getting 280 ready for mailing, I was higher than a kite. My team celebrated by going to dinner and then, not five minutes after we got back, it happened ... the adrenaline, or whatever it is, dropped so fast I had to lay down. This time I couldn't sleep, but just laid there with the lights out for a 1/2 hour. Then, I celebrated by eating 1/2 a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I'm better now and ready for round two ... Cadre Catch Up! However, that whole adrenaline drop is a trip.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I have to say that I have experienced the "Adrenaline drop" after Acquire the Fires and New Years Eve Bashes. It's crazy. When your heart is pumping so fast that you can't sleep and then you crash.