Friday, October 26, 2007

Junior Doctor

So, I'm leaving for home tomorrow and the doctors are still clueless on what's wrong with my dad. After an EEG, EKG, full MRI and Spinal Tap they still have nothing. The latest thing they checked for is the West Nile Virus (told you they were clueless)

Anyway, so I got on the internet tonight and searched for five minutes. I've got a diagnosis and, while still painful, would be funny if I were right. My prediction is Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome as a result of the Seroquel that he takes. Do you think if I'm right the doctors will give me part of their cut? I didn't think so either.

Honestly, I just want him better. Having your dad calling out random numbers and other things mid sentence is pretty weird. In his delirium, he's either at bingo, the boat or playing pool. All I know is he's got "eight and nine," the "stick is broke," and the "the ball is red or blue."

In the meantime, I'm working like crazy trying to get all the "big chunks" I need done by Sunday, done by Saturday noon. For my reward, I got a "illegal turn" ticket on my way home from work this morning while trying to avoid the 285 traffic. I was guilty so I didn't even try to fight it. It's the end of the month and I think the Dekalb police department failed to meet their quota. While I was waiting for my ticket, I saw three other cars get pulled over.

5 comments:

Corey Mann said...

I know it will probably be insane while you are here, but if you have time....call me.

Anonymous said...

hey Judy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I want you to know that i love you and you are in my prayers! Just give everything up to God. I love you soo much.

Love,
Shelby

Anonymous said...

Judy,
we are keeping you close in our prayers. i thought i saw you at church tonight but when i really looked it wasn't you but i still felt like you were near. we will continue to pray for you and your family. peace in Christ
azaria and alison

Bridget said...

Judy,
I hope everything goes well with you dad. Don't forgot that God has everything under his control.
We are praying for you.
You rock,
Bridget

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm praying for your dad, you and your family.