Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wasn't Board at the Board Meeting

Just came off two days with the Board of Directors at Youth Leader's Coach...

1. I think we scored a win with the board notebook. After nearly killing ourselves and having to come up with a few creative solutions, Missy and I knocked out the 178 page full color notebook. I know know Adobe Indesign far more than I want to. I also don't want to proofread anything for a realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly long time. I have one question though, why is it anytime you have a big project with a deadline the copier decides to die? Are there copier demons? If there are, why are they following me ... do I have some unrepented sin (j/k)?

2. When I hear board meeting I usually think "boring," but not Jeanne's. Her's include videos, field trips, a casket (yep), firemen helmets, people telling their stories and a whole lot more.

3. She's got some heavy heavy hitters who also work with the Dream Center in LA. They took Jordan, Laurie and I out to dinner last night. I loved hearing their stories where they've seen God show up in some pretty big ways. I also love the fact that they are big time into investments. People like me, with accounting backgrounds, dig those stories too.

4. My boss is insane. She went from the two day board meeting, to marathon building and insurance meetings today, to writing an article, to back to back speaking engagements in Texas and Georgia this weekend. I'm pretty excited about hitting the second half of the weekend with her in Georgia. I'll be hanging out with some of my favorite Cadre peeps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psst........spell check your title. ;o)I know, that includes more proofreading but you can do it. LOL.

I feel for you. Last year, a small group of SBE members put together a binder for the Common Council. In addition to correctly assembling hundreds of pages, we wanted to emphasize numerous points (and we knew they weren't going to read it all) so we highlighted numerous passages within the documents. This gave them them the opportunity to see what we wanted to emphasize but still left everything in the original context, for the sake of integrity and credibility.

Tot this day, I still have an aversion to yellow highlighters. *Shudder*

Poofreading? Try editing a major presentaion through email with a bunch of professors. The reeeeeally love their red pens(or font).

The upside of this is, since I view my writing as my art, I've gotten a lot less sensitive to constructive criticism. :o)

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Apparently, I should proofread my own work. Oops! LOL.

Bridget said...

I totally can relate to the printer or copier breaking when you have a huge project due for work.

My best friend Liz (Maid of Honor) lives in Tulsa and she said she saw Jeanne Mayo this summer. When i was talking to her this week it occured to her that you were probably there. She said Jeanne rocked but now she is sad that she didn't go up and try to meet her and ask if you were there. :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a little workachoholism going on...is there a sabbath