Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Cadre and Mach 5

Mach 5 feels like the speed I am running right now. I just got finished with a "big chunk" and have four more "big chunks" on my plate to finish by Sunday.

We just rapped up our first Cadre Advance of the 2007-2008 (seven more to go). It was ridiculously amazing. We hosted 35 youth pastors for two days (three days including travel). Our goal was to spoil them like crazy, yet at the same time equip them to do ministry at a new level. From their comments, we succeeded. It took pretty much all of us on campus to do that ... all 97 of us.

Words cannot express (actually, they probably could, I'm just too tired) what it was like to have the opportunity to breathe life into them ... for some came in wounded, tired and discouraged, while others were great and just simply want to become the best they can be in order to serve the kids they so dearly love.

This was my first one to be one the primary leads. I was encouraged by the comments received on how I helped to make it better than ever. I guess ten years of orchestrating a week of camp each year paid off. Simply put, I totally love this place!




























No comments: