Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One thing I'm sure of

Ughhhhhh...did you ever have one of those days that makes you want to puke ... literally. One of my dearest friend's nephew committed suicide this morning, my dad's depressive side of his bi-polar has flared up again leaving him weak and reclusive and a handful of my friends have decided it's time to pull the rip cord before the landing leaves them with scars (long story you don't need to know about). It leaves you thinking what could I/we have done differently? My friends are hurting, I can't do anything. My dad is hurting, I can't do anything. My family is hurting, I can't do anything. I'm at a loss. The only thing I'm sure of right now is that God is still on the throne.

Sorry, no perky post today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to remind you that you are are loved more that you know. Not only do I love you with my whole heart my bestest friend, a whole lot of other friends and family love you as well. But most of all, most importantly, Jesus holds you in his arms, and if you stop for a moment and listen, really listen, you can hear Him telling once again how much He loves you..more than the rest of us combined. So never doubt that while you are hurting that you don't have the biggest team of all praying and loving you up!
I love you Friend
Loretta

Bridget said...

Hey Judy. I'm not sure where my other post when but I'll say it again.
Judy, you have always been a great friend to me. For as long as I can remember you have been there. Your love for people and your desire to serve draws people to you. There are many people up in Indiana that are constantly praying for you, me included. I'm sorry that you are having such a hard day. We miss you.
You rock, my friend,
-Bridget

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me how we can "handle" our own pain, but when it's the pain of the ones we love, we feel powerless. These are the things that weigh heaviest on me. I'm praying for you Judy. Praying that you will feel Jesus shouldering the burden. :)

Lanette Rajski said...

Hey Judy - Just saw your post from last week and wanted to say that I hope things are a little better this week.

I love you and pray for you often. Keep running the race, and don't forget how important those little glasses of water are when you're running hard :0)

Love, Lanette