Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Kiss From Heaven

Have you ever had those times where it feels like a kiss from heaven. I've had many, but two stand out in the last few months. Here they are...

1. My last day at Oasis when attendance hit 1,066. Not that numbers matter, but we all know they do. I remember someone asking, "did you ever think you'd hit a thousand?" Can't say that I had. It was a great night and the kids were so in tuned. That was pretty amazing in itself.

2. Last night Jeanne gave me a pass on coming to Oxygen, which I so appreciated the offer. However, I haven't missed a Wednesday night in over a dozen years if it was even remotely possible for me to get there (in fact, I remember driving like a mad women from Georgia, just to try and get there for the last fifteen minutes). I couldn't and wouldn't even think of missing it last night. Plus, it was 02 night, which means we would be in our small groups for the majority of the night. So, last month during our 02 group we had 8 students, and this month we were up to 26 kids. I'm not sure how you can get just excited over 26 as you do 1,066, but I was. Both nights felt like a kiss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just when the weight of the world becomes so great, something comes along to life that load and make you stop and appreciate the little things.

I had one of those moments last night. We've started a new group in SB and our first meeting was last night. 16 people showed up (not bad considering people only got 2 days notice) to discuss positive experiences we've had living and working in SB.

People have been trashing our community lately and we'd had enough. We wanted to shift the focus back to a more realistic perspective.

It was an amazing experience! We shared positive stories, talked about the importance of positive actions and discussed ways to get more people (including kids) involved in giving back to the community.

I can understand the pain you've been feeling (and I can really relate to the Bipolar experiences, unfortunately) and I'm glad you were able to really feel the joy of positive change.

It's those little things that make all of the work and the hard times worth it.

Namaste',
Rhonda

Just think, this is one less email you'll have to read and reply to. ;o)

Anonymous said...

As I read this entry again it ocurred to me that you get just as excited by 26 as you do 1,066 because it's not about the number, it's about the individuals. Every person matters and not only when they pour in in large numbers.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Me again. Getting bored with the same post. Had to start my own blog. ;p

Miss you!

Rhonda