Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A great, great weekend

Our retreat was this weekend, it was off the chain. Usually we have a full length drama, but this time around we brought in a speaker. His name was Robert Madu and he was AMAZING! We had the second year Cadre in town to observe the retreat and gather together on Monday for their normal VIP treatment and to download about the retreat. Robert decided to hang out with us for the day as well. He quickly became one of the family and is so hooked on it, that he is going to be a permanent part of Cadre Invictus. Good stuff.

Everyone left it all on the field. After long days and nights of retreat prep, the retreat itself and then serving all day on Monday ... all MC eyes, including my own, were droopy. We ended at 3:30 a.m. this morning and I, in all my brilliance, decided to do the first airport run. Normally, I leave it up to the MC gang, but with the long hours they put in I didn't want anyone to have to get up to do the 4 a.m. run. So after a 15 minute nap, I was in my car heading toward the hotel. I got her to the airport with no problem, but had to have the window down and the music blasting to get home ok. I pulled into my parking space, put the car in park, shut it off ... and before I could open the door, I feel asleep. I don't think it was for long, but got a good laugh out of it.

No comments: