Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ten Thousand Horses


I seldom read an entire book in a day. I wish I was one of those that did so frequently, but reading has always done one thing ... made me very sleepy. It almost feels like some kind of disorder that there might be a cure for. Today was different.


I love to learn, so I force myself to read, even though I feel I'm slow at it due to the daydreaming, sleeping and perfectionistic tendences to read ever word that results. So, I picked up Ten Thousand Horses (How Leaders Harness Raw Potential For Extraordinary Results) in the airport on my way home from helping a friend move to Lancing, MI this weekend.


Bottomline, it's great leadership prinicples wrapped up in a story of a leader who visits a ranch devoted to loving and working with kids in the foster care system. None of the leadership principles feel overly profound, but at the same time they are so often violated. It's an easy, easy 120 page read for adults and teens alike. I will post my cliff notes later this week.

No comments: