Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Adventure Begins

What a great week and it's only Wednesday!

My sis is in town and we've had fun doing the IKEA, Gerogia Mall, Habachi and cruise through the city kind of stuff. We ate at Jason's after church on Sunday. It's a deli that is AMAZING! Then I recruited her to help the paid staff with some tokens for the opening night. Our woodburning extravaganza is a moment in time that I think I might be permently scared from. No, I didn't burn myself, but I did walk into the corner of a piece of sheet rock sitting on a cabinet about eye level. Needless to say, I have a nice gash on my nose between my eyes. Yes, it was pretty funny.

Saturday Morning
A big day! The first year MC students showed up. Looking over the crowd, I loved the fact that they have students here from every walk of life - rich, poor, athletes, beauty queens, thin, thick, tatooed and pierced. Jordan did an amazing job of making registration look easy. He pretty much is oozing with giftedness from administration to teaching.

Let the adventure begin...

Monday Night
95 Master's Commission students and staff loaded into vehicles for that "special" place Monday night. I'd describe more, but it's a secret. While there, Jeanne spoke for part of the time. Words can't express what she breathed into their hearts as she cast vision for the 07-08 year. She ended with four questions.

1. Are you more into SELF IMPROVEMENT or TRANSFORMATION? There's a big difference you know.

2. Most true inner-transformation begins with a call to LEAVE SOMETHING. What is Christ calling you to walk away from this year?

3. Transformation often happens more through our mistakes and failures than through our successess. How determined are you to "fail successfully" this year?

4. The inner journey of transformation will be a lifetime of one repeating question from Christ. DO YOU LOVE ME MORE? What will the honest answer of your heart be?

It was a night like no other, best experience with your sister sitting next to you.

The repeating thought that went through my mind was "what if?" What if every teenager across the nation had someone who spoke so boldly, in love, into their hearts as Jeanne did for the 85 students present. And, had someone to love and walk them through the messiness of their life. I think the world would be a different place.

Tuesday Night
We all took the train downtown and went to see STOMP at the Fox Theatre. No word was uttered from the stage for almost 2 hours, just sounds from the banging of brooms, trash cans, sticks, lighters and a few other miscellaneous things. It was incredible.

Wednesday Night
Dave taught tonight and hit a home run. Mike, Scott and Nick put my IKEA furniture together afterwords ... I'm grateful.

Here are some important people for me...

Pic 1 - Scotty and Mike, two of my favorite guys.

Pic 2 - Nick is against the door. He's my audio engineer for Youth Leader's Coach

Pic 3 - Cherry (in peach) is my Administrative Assistant. She's amazing. Not as amazing as Chris, but Chris would really like her ... and so would Mike (that is, if he were allowed). My junior high guy, Andrew, is also in the pic (guy way in the back on the left). He, Cheryl, Desiree and I are going to rip it up this year ... junior high style!

Pic 4 and 5 have Amy (blue shirt) and Hoi (stripped shirt) in them - They'll always hold a special place in my heart.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally! A new entry! ;o)

I'm betting whoever did your laser surgery isn't going to offer you a testimonial spot anytime soon. LOL. Hoping you heal up quickly!

Is it just me or does everyone in your pics look really young? Maybe I'm just getting old. *sigh*

Now where are the pics with the tats and piercings, eh? ;o)

I have to agree about our young people. I see way too many kids just running the streets, not being cared about. It's just crazy! First the adults need to care about them, only then they can care enough about themelves. We need to demonstrate really loving others.

DJ is still in the hospital, but doing better. Hopefully she'll be out next week. In the meantime, Denise and I are making sure Jami and Kourtney have a ride for Oasis.

Let us know when you're coming back to town. The girls really miss you (as do I).

Glad to hear things are going well down there (injury aside). Take care!

Rhonda