Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Day - The Master's Encounter

Who are these guys/girls!?! I'm watching the second and third year master's students rock the house. I figured out tonight that some of my most significant time with the Master's students is going to be the late night hours after Oxygen. I loved it. Three of them, one by one came in my office to just hang out and talk awhile - first James, then Jorge, then Ben. All talking youth ministry, asking questions, sharing dreams ... I can't even begin to describe how cool and sharp they are. Wow! I'm not sure what has transpired in their previous year or two in Master's, but it has transformed these guys. While each is sooooo very different, Jeanne's signature runs through their veins ... they get the importance of relationally connecting with those they encounter. It was evident as they told me how their night went with their 02 group.

Earlier today I dreamed with Andrew and Cheryl about transforming the junior high ministry. There are great kids in it, just not many ... at all. I realized talking junior high stuff still gets me fired up. Andrew is a big time strategist so we had a fun conversation, but far more importantly he has a huge passion for middle schoolers. Cheryl, on the other hand, is pure heart. One who will help put feet to other people's dreams, which is so very important to have on your team. Then my MC Administrative Assistant, Cherry, dove into doing some Cadre stuff for me. Not surprising, she knocked it out of the park. Seriously, where did these guys/girls come from!?!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm so glad things are going so good for you. You are going to rock this world for Christ. We had Oasis last night and it was different not having the Infalts in the band, but I know they are going on to the next adventure in their lives.
You rock,
Bridget

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I love to hear all the exciting things that are happening in your ministry. I think once you are in jr. high ministry, you'll always love it. You can't escape that much excitement!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear your doing great!!!I guess I will need to read your blog more often since you don't talk about these things over the phone:) love ya
Loretta