Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Grateful Injustice

So, Monday I paid my $135 illegal left hand turn ticket. I was going to fight it, but when they said I could pay $135 and have it reduced to an ordinance violation that resulted in no points, I consented. It's not that I didn't make the illegal left hand turn, it's just that the sign was on the wrong side of the road, to the point you don't see it until you half way into the illegal turn. Anyway, I'm over it! Ok, that is until last night. Mike, RC, Travis and I were going to 7:22 at Buckhead and we were late. Mike is speeding through traffic and moves over into the HOV (carpool) lane. However, he cuts a cop off on a motorcycle in the process. The cop pulls him over, asks for his license, then asks him if he realized he was going 85 in a 55 and that he just cut him off. Mike apologizes, the cop gives back his license and we drive off. No ticket, just a "slow it down." I'm grateful Mike didn't get a ticket, but still pretty ticked that I did. Maybe I should of pulled the "I'm going to church" card that Mike used when the cop asked where he was headed. It was the truth, I just can't believe the cop believed him. The crack in Mike's voice when he said it was priceless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His momma wants to know, did you know he was going 85 in a 55?

Judy Gregory said...

Of course not, I was in the back seat. I would never knowingly let your son do such a thing :)

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer, unfair, and slightly hilarious!

On a serious note, I wonder if Jesus thought that on his way to the cross. "Look at all these people that deserve this punishment, yet I'm the one suffering."

What a great God we serve - one that "paid the ticket" on our behalf.