Saturday, January 19, 2008

I stopped counting at 600

It's 11:09 p.m., there is little snow on the ground. It's 31 degrees outside. My heart is heavy.

Over 600 churches have cancelled their services tomorrow, some big dawgs like North Point and Perimeter. It's actually a lot more, I just stopped counting at 600 ... but, hey Wal-Mart's still open. There's a sermon in there somewhere. I wonder what the heroes of the faith think about that. (I know, I know ... Atlanta doesn't have salt trucks ... blah, blah, blah)

2 comments:

Jim Clark said...

Hey Judy...
Good to see that you are enjoying some winter down there. I just thought that I would pass along that it's -6.0 tonight... and we're still having church tomorrow...

Just thought I'd share.

Hope things are well with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm on your side here. Pathetic! One thing I love about our church is when we just went through a horrific ice storm (800,000 without power), our church stayed open (and even lost power during our night service!).

Crazy that there are 600 churches in that area. Press on, sister! Rain, sleet or snow... let's worship!