Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Resolutions in Bite Size Chunks #2 and #3

I'm off to a good start on the second one. New Year's Resolution #2 is to get my finances in order and be strategic about them. Most people would tell me I've already got that nailed because, other than my rent and utilities, I have no debt ... credit cards are paid at the end of each month, car is paid off, etc. However, lately I've spent money like it's going out of style ... between grief shopping, going out to eat because I'm always in a mad dash hurry and impulse buying, I'm out of control.

So, I bought a small refrigerator and microwave for my office (you've got to spend money to make it ... right?) and I loaded it up with Diet Dew and bought some soup and stuff. So instead of running down to QT twice a day to buy a $1.50 bottle of Diet Dew, I'll drink my cans that cost me a quarter a piece. Instead of running to Wendy's and spending $5, I'll eat my PBJ and soup for $1.50. I'm feeling pretty good about this one, especially since I spent the Michigan game going through mounds of paperwork to make sure my I's are dotted and T's are crossed. In the process I found about $150 in different gift cards, so that was fun. The only other thing I have to get a handle on in this area is my retirement accounts, they are everywhere. I'm not sure how I'm going to resolve that one but I'll figure it out.

Resolution #3 is to eat better and exercise, pretty much the resolution everyone and their brother makes. Rather than to say I want to lose "X" pounds, I'm just going to keep it simple and say I'm going to make movements in the right direction when it comes to eating and exercising. I've got a plan that I will implement in bite size chuncks. It begins with slowing life down a notch ... not much (I actually enjoy Mach 2, just not Mach 3) ... just a little to help keep my priorities ... well, a priority.

2 comments:

Corey Mann said...

Best of luck on your new "list". As the incredibly lame students would sing in High School Musical, "We're all in this together!"

Anonymous said...

Now, if you make your own soup, you could cut down on the cost even more and work on #3 at the same time. You could always eat some and freeze the rest. Walah! Instant microwave meal without all of the garbage they put in processed foods. Pita chips and hummus also makes a good nutritous snack and it's filling. ;o)

Rhonda
(your handy dandy chef who needs to take her own advice. LOL)